Tuesday 24 March 2020

wool

So I've been meaning to do this for AGES :)


I was actually quite surprised - I didn't have as much of some things as I thought, and I had A LOT more of others. I've re-categorised and now have a much better idea of what's there, and, more importantly, what I can do with it. And it turns out I don't need a new bookcase to keep everything organised after all - what I have is just fine if it's sorted out nicely. 

Like many people around the globe now, we are pretty much locked down. All non-essential shops are closed, and all pubs and restaurants. We're allowed out for one exercise a day (whether it's cycling, running, or walking), and for food and medicine shopping and that's it. Because of his asthma, Neal is not supposed to leave the house at all for 12 weeks. The weather has been bright and sunny which helps. Today the two robins came to one of the feeders while we were sitting right under it which bodes well for hand feeding as we progress. We were going to wash off the patio today but we decided to save it :)

I'm trying to just take it a day at a time, limit social media and definitely limit the news, and not think too far ahead. It's just too much. These days will be considerably easier if we can enjoy them as best as we can. I did have a nice run this morning - it seems post-apocalyptic anxiety is a great motivator! I also solemnly promise that I will never NEVER complain about going for a run ever again. 

I hope you're all well and keeping your spirits up. This, too, shall pass (as my mother always says x).

No comments: