Sunday 29 March 2020

Nettle Tortelli

In a stroke of amazingly good fortune, one of the books we have out from the library (for the foreseeable future!) is the Pasta Grannies recipe book, and it is brilliant. Yesterday we made Nettle Tortelli. We gathered the nettles up on our walk in the afternoon, and Neal made the dough (he is very good with all things dough-y - his bread - well, his bread is going to make me FAT by the time this is all over, put it that way). I mean, look at this - his hands aren't even touching the rolling pin!

They were stuffed with a nettle/ricotta/parmesan filling, then cooked and drenched in butter and more parmesan. Delicious. Today's meal is slow roast beef short ribs. At least there is lots to cook - we are lucky that our local farm shop is well stocked and still open, and that I am still getting paid so we can afford groceries. I know not everyone is that fortunate. 

The wind has turned and is blowing a gale from the north so the temperature has dropped right down. My run this morning was considerably faster on the return leg running south back home! Our clocks went ahead last night so we have one hour less at home today :) I saw a post that really made me laugh - it said, "Don't forget to set your clocks ahead tonight - about 4 months should do it!"  In the meantime, we are fine and finding pleasure in the little things.


No comments: