Friday 20 March 2020

hitting home

I returned my season ticket today. For someone who complains as much as I do about commuting, I have found this surprisingly difficult. It is all feeling more real. I was lucky that I could - the way the ticket refunds work means it's only worth refunding them if you are near to the beginning of the time period. Mine started in November, so I basically broke even. I'll get a £400 refund, but more crucially, I won't be paying £600 a month not to ride on trains that aren't there. A bit of a no-brainer, I know, but I still feel disloyal somehow. I didn't realise how much my season ticket meant to me. I realise how crazy that is, don't worry.

To celebrate I then went and stood in a line outside the pharmacy for an hour to pick up Neal's asthma meds. Ha ha. The pharmacy is tiny and they were operating a 4 in at a time policy hence the back up. They did say that paracetamol was coming through though which is good news. They only had one packet so I left it for someone who really needed it, but I feel better knowing I can get some next week (probably).  People are NOT practising social distancing nearly enough and there are packs of teenagers everywhere. It hasn't really hit home yet for a lot of people I think. 

My friend Kate went to Macknades (our local farm shop) with her car and picked up a bag of charcoal for us (just thinking ahead!) so that is another thing to look forward to once the weather starts warming up. And, all my library books from both libraries have been auto-renewed until July! One of the books is the Pasta Grannies cookbook - I highly recommend watching the Pasta Grannies you tube channel - it is about as soothing and wonderful as you can imagine. Tonight we are tackling Selvina's Gnocchi con Salsicce. The first and only time I attempted gnocchi it landed up as a layer of potato glue in the bottom of a saucepan, so hopefully this will be better! Well Neal is making it so I thing you can take that as read :)

Happy Friday x

No comments: