Monday 16 March 2020

day 1 - night 1 - ???

Already time is heading liminal.

We're officially in lockdown now - no non-essential travel, working from home. We weren't this morning, and I went (reluctantly) into London on the train, armed with a pre-defined set of behaviours (don't drink your coffee on the train, don't touch the seat rests or the table, stay as far away from anyone as you conceivably can - in London - tricky, wash your hands IMMEDIATELY). Neal is reasonably severely asthmatic and has a tendency for problems in the lung department when he gets a cold. In the last few days it's been very difficult to know if you are tipping into paranoia or not.  We've settled for just-before xmas levels of stocking up, although we may up that slightly over the next days. I did stock up on the stuff that's easier in London - noodles, cheap scotch from Aldi (I am willing to improvise on toilet paper - but scotch? let's hope our supplies last). I haven't been able to buy any paracetamol which worries me slightly but maybe things will even out as we get used to this new normal.

It's very surreal.

At least we like each other, Neal and I.

No comments: