Monday 30 March 2020

reorganisation

We moved the piano downstairs this afternoon, swapping it for the pile of amps that migrate like lovesick wildebeest into our living room. I don't know what calls them or where they come from - I do know most of them aren't even actually ours, but they seem happy and it's handy to have somewhere to rest a wineglass. The piano has been in Neal's studio/study but he tends to use a different midi keyboard these days and I thought it might be nice to have it handier to play. It's an old electric - basic but decent - I haven't played it in years. I sat down and played a few songs and my brain hurts because I haven't sightread in more than one clef for so long. Hands already aching too - I guess it's really been awhile. Nice though.


I still feel like these things may not be worth it because we'll be back to work soon even though I know that's extremely unlikely. Just can't seem to get to grips with it really. I was supposed to be at a learn-your-bike basics class tonight that I signed up for months ago. It would have been a busy week, with a brass band rehearsal tomorrow, Neal gigging on Wednesday, and a big band concert on Friday. 

Instead, I finally started my "Learn to sew one project at a time" book and I made two cloth napkins. They are not very good. I really can't cut straight and I suspect I wouldn't know a grain line if it bit me in the arse. I think I may hate sewing.

At least the weather is warmer - the wind has dropped a bit and there was a lot of sunshine for our walk today. We walked out to the hop field - felt so good to be out and away in the fields. It's all rapeseed  fields on the way and the sea of yellow flowers is cheering. Still needed a hat but warmer weather will be here soon and that is for sure something to look forward to.



No comments: