Tuesday 17 March 2020

Day 2

It was a bright sunny almost-spring day here which has helped enormously as we all try to get to grips with this new life. I'm going to try to stick to a vague schedule so I've just shut off my work laptop and had a trombone practise. I really feel for people who can't make music - I feel so much better after that practise. Neal has made chicken stock and sourdough bread and the house smells like heaven. We even dried laundry outside for the first time this year. I have a furniture delivery for one of my projects tomorrow which looks like it is going ahead albeit without me (sniff). The market was still on in town and there were quite a few people out and about.

I even found quite a few half-used blister packs of paracetamol - hurrah for being disorganised and never putting things away in the same place! My colleagues have been sending photos of empty shelves, and one of their sons has a temperature today which is not good news at all (I haven't seen her in a while so hopefully no cross contamination there but you sure get a feeling for how easy it would be).

I've started a "loose ends" list to refer to if we get bored (!!) and I think I'll start a jigsaw tonight too. I have lots of wool :) We're more fortunate than many people so far as at least one of us is still getting paid (for now anyways). I can't really comprehend what this is going to mean long-term, I don't suppose any of us can.

Stay safe peoples xxxx

No comments: