Friday 10 April 2020

that's entertainment...

Greetings from the garden. Yes, the weather has been beautiful, and under normal circumstances we would be spending quite a lot of time in the Elephant's beer garden. Luckily, we have another (very) local, and the beer is good. Neal has been brewing most weeks now and I can tell you, that man's beer is as good as his bread.

I have been wreaking havoc with tester pots of paint - see the table below. I am now eyeing up the trellis behind the table as there are two pots of frighteningly dubious shades of green left. Why not?

See the box on the fence? This is the Squirrelmatic 3000, built by James and installed earlier this week. It has a hinged lid that the squirrels need to lift in order to get the peanuts. It took them a day or two to figure it out - all except one who is clearly not too bright. It was hilarious watching them work it out. 


We've been barbecuing most days when the weather is nice, but you can see that standards are slipping (or should I say slipper-ing? ha ha - ba dum - I'm here all week! and next week and the week after.....)


We're still permitted a walk or run a day, and it has been glorious. It's strange seeing the sky with no air-planes. It's quiet, and clean, and full of birdsong. On my runs I have the lanes to myself and I pound down the middle of the road with no fears of an errant white van man taking me out as he rounds a turn too quickly.



This is starting to feel almost normal now - we adapt so quickly. I try not to think too much about what happens next - no one knows and I guess we'll just deal with it when it comes. I am however, pining for the pub :( And rehearsals. I miss making music with my friends. But, all-in-all, there are many things to relish in these odd days, and we might as well enjoy what we can. 

Now I'm off to knit more fence doilies (See? Perfectly sane over here! For sure!) 

Happy Easter everyone x

No comments: