Sunday 25 February 2024

Sunday afternoon

 It's Sunday afternoon - it's 530 and it is not all the way dark which feels like real progress until you remember that it is still February and nowhere near spring, yet. But I picked loads of bright sunny daffoldils in Pauline's garden this morning, and I've planted chilli seeds this afternoon, so there's lots to look forward to.

I should be knitting. I have a test knitting project that is due next Monday which means I have to post it on Saturday which means technically I should have knit it by then, you know, in an ideal world. Maybe not this world which is full of so many other more interesting things. 

Yesterday, as we stepped out of the house, our neighbour was walking by and said, "Hey - I have to take the boat out to the end of the creek and back to run the motor - do you want to come along for the ride?" I have a life rule: whenever possible, say yes to being on or in the sea. We agreed in a gleeful heartbeat and it was amazing. It started out sunny and then the clouds rolled in and we were very cold and fairly damp by the end of it and it was worth every shiver. 


Isn't his boat beautiful? She is called the Nancy Grey and she is charming and welcoming.

Started off sunny but....


The Shipwrights from a different perspective 


A happy sailor







No comments: