Sunday 24 January 2021

insert bunny joke here

 


I've cut out my very first shirt today - is that fabric not the best ever? I have attempted to pattern match the bunnies in the front - we'll see how that goes. Could be.... interesting. I've been sewing quite a bit - it's a good mix of challenging and interesting. I made Neal a pair of boxer shorts last week (fly construction - WTF??? It took me a good two days of puzzling and confusion to work that one out).

Lockdown continues - I am quite content for the most part as long as I don't think too far ahead or, to be honest, think too much at all. It looks like it will be many more weeks of this before we are allowed to be out with people again so we just get on with it. We can go out once a day for exercise, so we make the most of that. Yesterday we went on a long 3 hour morning ramble through fields and orchards, and were treated to an amazing close up view of a very large hen harrier - (or a marsh harrier - I'm not exactly sure) These things go a long way. So did the mud. 

We did rather lose our minds last night and ordered another completely unnecessary batch of bird window feeders. We are going to have the fattest birds in Kent. When we opened the door yesterday morning, Jacques the robin was waiting impatiently on the doormat - just sitting there right outside the door as if he was getting ready to complain about the service. He is pretty comfortable around us (!!) so I've ordered some suet pellets and I'll see if I can get him to hand feed this spring.

Stay safe everyone - be careful out there x

No comments: