Friday 25 August 2023

Buy a house, they said. It will be fun, they said

 Well. It turns out getting the nails out of floorboards is the easy part.

Sanding them is no fun at all no no no not even a little bit. And it has not gone smoothly (see what I did there?!)

We've had to get a young whippersnapper in to help us as it is just too much. And then to top it all off the bloody sanders keep breaking! Nothing more can really be done until the sanding is done as it looks like the Sahara in there. 

ARGHHHH

"It's just a floor" I keep telling myself.

It's just a floor.

(2 floors are done and they look lovely. The dining room, however, is not going down without a fight)

And I've had to spend £100 on floor wax oil. £100!!!!!!!!!!! What's in it, the wisdom of the ages? Gold flakes? 2.5 litres of holy water? 

Not like I'll ever find out at this rate. 





No comments: