Wednesday 26 July 2023

 I'm actually quite enjoying this. Or at least, I'm finding it interesting. It's another puzzle, really. It's very hard work though. 

The kitchen is half gone - 



Neal has been prepping and Terry has been painting and it is really coming along. I have been uncovering the floorboards in the dining room for the last two days and miracle of miracles they look decent enough to sand and paint which is good news indeed as the alternative is either nice flooring (WAY out of budget) or cheap crap flooring (still out of budget but what can you do?).

I have a favourite tool now and that is a prybar. It is the bees knees and i love it. I am going to go buy my own. This thing is amazing. The floor boards were covered with a very nasty carpet, and even nastier underlay, and then a nailed down (all nails rusty, of course) boarding. It has to be pried up and then the nails pried out. It is dirty and dusty and I love it.


The house seems light and bright and we've met quite a few neighbours and they are all lovely. It amuses me that all the new people we are meeting find us very Canadian while I myself have never felt more British.

We work from about 8 till 430, then go for a pint that tastes about as good as any pint I've ever had. We come home, shower (and that too feels utterly fantastic), and make something to eat. A quick prep for the next day, and I'm in bed sleeping by 9.

Here's the man of the hour - our hero - 

Terry the Magnificent
 
Two more days - and we'll take stock and see where we are.

Now to eat - and sleep  - hopefully in that order.








No comments: