Friday 2 July 2021

closing the circle

I went to work today, in London, for the first time since 16 March 2020. 

wow.

a year and 4 months, nearly.

And i loved every minute of it. Just about, anyways. (minus the busy station at St Pancras and the teenagers on the train too-cool-for-masks). 

I'm a bit overwhelmed really. It's given me a different view of the last year - from my London life instead of my Faversham life. I forgot how much I love my London life. It's exhilarating, full of people and interesting buildings, and some damn fine sushi. I flew through the day. 

It's not ok though - I'm only one vaccine jab in so I have to be careful. And cases are rising here like crazy again and the government is making the same noises they did last time this happened and we all know how that turned out :( 

But it was so nice to meet this me again. It will be months yet before I'm going in regularly, but it was a great taster.



No comments: