Sunday 26 November 2017

Christmas Lights

It was freezing cold but that doesn't stop Faversham turning out in force for the Christmas Lights switch on. The brass band started playing at 430, and Santa came out at 5.

Santa waving at me!

Before...

and after!

Night market (the hot spiced cider with a shot of rum was just the thing)

Last year after pulling on my cheap nylon santa hat on for the millionth time I decided enough was enough. Am I not a knitter? What was I doing wearing this garbage? So this year I knit myself a special santa hat for the brass band Christmas gigs - I just made it up pretty much - no pattern as such, and it's topped with a divine alpaca pom pom from our amazing local wool shop.



All in all a very good start to the festive season. Neal and I are both playing in the band for the local theatre's pantomime (Little Red Riding Hood with a rock and roll theme!) so this afternoon it's off to rehearsal for that. Full steam ahead!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm up late reading blogs...you look just like your Dad in the photo with your beautiful knit Santa hat! Sweet...nice reminder of Gus...and good job with the hat, love the pom pom!